Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fathers Day Gift

It was my husbands first fathers day this year and I was so excited to make something for him from our little guy. I knew that we would be gone to Manitoba to visit family during this time so I had to make it way ahead of time and take it with us. I used my Cricut and the Mothers Day cartridge to cut out the mini album cover and pages. If you look closely, you can see that each page is a large ticket stub with a perforated along with inside binding. The book is so easy to put together....so many possibilities for this! I used Little Yellow Bicycle paper that I had sitting in my forever stash of paper. It was masculine and thought that if fit the bill. I decided to do a ton of layering with multiple different elements from every paper and product line. It was fun to mix and match colors that I normally wouldn't and to not stick to just one company line for all the paper and embellies. Dustan absolutely loved it...he looks at if every night before bed!



Thanks for looking (TFL - for Jill who didn't know what this meant!!!). Hope you all have a great Canada Day and for all you Americans - a great July 4th!
Jody














1 comment:

  1. Hey ...nice work...and thanks for the clarification! LOL! Having you home was wonderful! Love you ....J

    ReplyDelete