Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The little things in life...

Isn't it true...that it't the little things in life that matter?  
All the wonderful small stuff...
A good cup of coffee...
A wave from the guy that let you in the other lane...
The lady that gives you advice about the best pineapple at the grocery store...
The way your son lightly touches your face before he falls asleep...
Chocolate...
Strawberries... (usually both together is better!!!)
Finding that perfect button for a LO...
The list could go on and each of us have different "small things"...
I am very thankful today for all the little things in my life that have helped me get to where I am today...the little things that make me happy, smile and shed tears of joy....

So....here is a LO that I created for my LSS using the title "The Little Things in Life".  
It will be a kit that one could purchase in the next few weeks or so.
It is made with the Bo Bunny Weekend Market line.  This stuff is soooooo great!  I paired it up with some 7 Gypsies Collage Tissue Paper, some matching cardstock, a few Bazzill flowers, old vintage book pages, Prima flowers, sheer ribbon and of course the cage and the bird are from Tim Holtz using his Grungeboard.  I painted the cage and bird gold and then covered it with Crackle Paint.  Once dry, I rubbed Vintage Photo Distress Ink into the small cracks to give it more dimension and a vintage feel.  I cut out the words with my Cricut using the Sophisticated cartridge by Teresa Collins - it's quite amazing actually! I haven't been using my Cricut as it's just so....big....but it does produce some nice stuff once in a while!
The picture is one I took of my little guy last fall near our house here in Winnipeg.  





Thanks for joining me today!  Off to drink my coffee and blog a bit before I start my day!

Jody

2 comments:

  1. Ver cute! I love the layers and clustered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is just wonderful, Jodi! That photo is amazing and your embellishments look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete