Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Little "Lift" from Above!

Yes - that's what I need - a little "lift" from above!!!  Well - this is a little challenge over at My Scrapbook Nook that I joined in last week.  The idea is to "lift" a LO from the person that has commented in the forum "above" you!  This is my first time participating in something like this - and it's been great!  I got the pleasure to "lift" from Sarah over at Hippy Chick.  I'm pretty sure we have the same type of dog - so I took inspiration from this LO of hers about her two dogs laying in the sun!



I have had this pic of Bauer for a while and just needed that little "push" to scrap it!  Here is my "lift" from Sarah's LO:



I loved that she used the hearts and then sewed down the middle!  I don't have a heart punch (however I totally need one now - thanks Sarah!) so I used my Martha Stewart starburst punch.  I loved the sewing she did on her page as well as the tiny alphas she used.  I used mostly MME Kraft line - however added in some Crate, Making Memories, Tattered Angels and some Cosmo Cricket into the LO.  Isn't that face sooooo cute??!!

I also have a few cards that I completed over the weekend...
I used My Scrapbook Nook's April kit to complete these.  I love the simplicity of this first one - I'm totally into "splats" - very official word - on my LO's so I tried it on my card - and loved it!
I also punched out some adhesive cork butterflies to give it some texture!



This card was originally supposed to be for a challenge that included and "outside of the box" type of banner on your card.  I didn't get it finished in time for the challenge - but here it is anyways.  Again I punched out some adhesive cork for under each letter - I found it makes the word stand out so much than just on the canvas banner.



Last but not least - I found some old stash of Teresa Collins that I absolutely love!  I can't believe I forgot about this stuff!  It is super clean lines and very...."clean"...(no other word really) that describes this line.  I love it for it's simplicity, colors and patterns.  I bought every piece to go with this line and have a ton left over - perfect for more birthday cards!


 I am working for the rest of the week so probably won't have a ton of scrapping time to get in...until the weekend that is!

Have a great rest of the week!
Jody

2 comments:

  1. Oh my wow, thanks for lifting my page AND linking me up!!

    I love bauer already hehe he's too cute, i dont know they just melt my heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So much eye candy in one post! LOVE your lift of Sarah. Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete