Thursday, August 16, 2012

For Me

Recently I have been doing a lot of crafting for others...design teams, classes, gifts....the list can go on.  And sometimes I loose focus on what I love to do as a "creator".  I sometimes have boundaries to stay within and certain product to play with - which I find can sometimes limit my creativity and vision.  Last night....while trying to stay up late for my midnight shift coming up....I made something for me.  I know eventually I will give it away with a gift for someone, but for now - it's for me.  I enjoyed using my own creativity for this one...using different dies and embossing folders and little embellies from my stash.  I 'm happy with how it turned out....and it makes me want to create more! 
I was reading over at the MME blog that they wanted some projects created with a holiday line - however not holidayish at all.  I used MME Lost and Found Christmas Line and the Nativity brads to create this card.  There is no real theme for the card as there is no saying - so it could be used as a thank you or even a birthday card.  This was a great challenge and I was happy to take part in it!!  




I may be a while before posting again as I will be working a few night shifts coming up.  I will be back, however, with some LCOM projects and a few classes I will be teaching soon!

Have a great weekend everyone,
Jody

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your sentiment, Jodi, and lack of "me creating time". Well, you've designed an amazing card! Love how you embellished the canvas dress form! Gorgeous work :)

    ReplyDelete