Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sewing up a storm!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE to sew?  Well it seems to have taken over my LIFE since I finished my little guy's quilt for Christmas!  I can't get fabric and projects out of my head!  I really good friend of mine from Stony Plain showed me a long, long time ago, the basics for quilting.  Until I actually finished a quilt, I didn't realize how satisfying it really was.  So - I am now quilting and sewing away! 

I had purchased a few Basic Grey fabric/quilt kits from a beautiful quilt store in Stony Plain Alberta just before we moved....they have been sitting in my cupboard ever since - tradgedy I know...
So I decided to get to it and quilt away....





This is the Basic Grey Christmas Line from a few years ago.  I had purchased this line in paper and absolutely loved it - so when I saw it in fabric - it was all mine!!!  It came in a kit with a pattern called Double Bubble made by Crazy Old Ladies.  It is now completely sewn together and am just waiting to get the batting to sandwich it - still deciding on how I should quilt it together?  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment - I am always open to new suggestions!



This is what it looks like as a complete quilt front.  I love how it turned out - and was super simple for a newbie like me.  (Thanks hubbie for being my holder upper!!!)

On to paper crafting....here are a few cards I made for a class that I will be teaching coming up in February.  It is using My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 3 line.  







 I used my Silhouette Cameo for some of the pieces as well as my Big Shots and a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  

The need for sewing is coming on again....
Take care and have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Love both the quilt and your cards. What talent. I wished I lived in Winnipeg because I miss you as an instructor. I always loved your cards and the way you instructed. Have a great week, Jody and thanks for sharing. Always checking your blog to see what is new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia! I miss teaching in Edmonton too!

      Delete