Monday, May 31, 2010

New Purchase!

Yup! That's right...I purchased a new camera! Finally, after all the digging, researching and pondering, I broke down and bought the Nikon D5000 with a 35mm 1.8 lens. So far, it is quite nice, however I have no idea what I am doing! If anyone has any suggestions about lenses, shooting, composition, etc. please fill me in! I have been checking out some blogs and websites to learn more about all the gadgets, however I know I'm the type of person that needs to read things 50 million times before I totally get it!

It was my friend's birthday last week and so a few of us decided to get together for lunch today and celebrate. I made this card for her on behalf of all of us. I made the flower after I watched this video sent to me by my friend Heather. It was very easy and super cute with patterned paper. Instead of using water to make it wet, I used Irredescent Gold Glimmer Mist. It just adds that extra little shimmer that makes it all so sweet. It was so darn cute that I made a bigger one using a large and small scalloped circle punches. The paper is cosmo cricket and some old book pages from an old Little Women book I bought at Value Village a while ago. Again, I sprayed it with the Glimmer Mist instead of water. Take a look at the video and try one out yourself! You will sure to love it!

It is starting to get nicer out as it had rained all weekend...again! I hope to get out and take some pictures of my little guy and the dogs. I will post some soon! TFL and have a good week!


Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment