Sunday, January 30, 2011

Creative Scrappers Sketch #118

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! It was so sunny here but so super cold. This made it easy to stay inside and get some long over due basement painting done! Had a bit of time to do some scrapping...but of course I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. I am also currently reading the book THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer. It is super good...have a hard time putting it down to get some "more important" things done. I am really, really trying hard to read more...I usually follow what my good friend Courtney recommends. So far she is 4 for 5 out of the books she has passed along. One being THE BOOK OF NEGROS. Probably the best book I have ever read to date! I cried, screamed and was completely caught up in it - a must read for sure!

Here is a LO that I created last night based on Creative Scrappers Sketch #118. It was such a great sketch I had to use it with this paper and pic. It is of Shea trying to climb someones stairs while trick or treating on Halloween this year. He had so much fun - he even tried to go into peoples houses instead of waiting for the candy! I used a lot of Pink Paislee - love the Hocus Pocus Glitter Alpha Stickers - hope they make more of these because there are a ton in a package so they will last forever! I painted the skull with Tim Holtz Crackle paint, then inked it with Ranger Alcohol Ink, then distressed it with ink...really just layered and played around with different mediums to get the look I wanted. I strung some buttons together using floss along the top and bottom to make a sort of banner. I did use some Maya Mist on the page, but the picture seems a bit washed out so it may be hard to tell here. Hope you enjoy!

Here's the sketch....

and here is my take...
Thanks for looking everyone - have a great week!

Jody



No comments:

Post a Comment